Sunday, April 20, 2008

Technopoly :

1:30 A.M, In a research laboratory in the middle of nowhere :
Chief Scientist : It lives! It lives!
Suddenly, a gas leaks out and the chief is killed (toxic fumes is the post mortem verdict)

Outside the facility, In an air conditioned cabin, a telephone rings,
Blonde man : Hello?

Caller : Uncle Sam here.

Blonde man : Please spare me a minute Sir, I'll be right back.
(Shoos away his blonde and voluptuous secretary)
Yes Sir, I am glad to inform you that the gadget worked, sadly though, a toxic gas was released and the chief passed away.


Uncle Sam : Hmmm, we'll have a compensation handed to his family and a silver medal.

Blonde man : So Sir, do we or don't we ... ...

Uncle Sam : there's no question. It will have to be released. We have to recover the cost of research and make profit as well.

Blonde man : Okay sir, I'll arrange for a news conference ...

Uncle Sam : Good, and I'll arrange one for myself at Geneva.

Blonde man : Goodnight Sir.


GENEVA , A G8 Summit :
Sam : We have to release the technology somewhere.

Rest of the 7 : Yes, ... but the fumes?

Sam : Don't worry, the forests will handle them.

R. O. 7 : Alright.

In the not so developed countries, people were chatting among themselves :

"Have you heard about the new technology?"
"Yes, it will do wonders here, I will buy myself one."
"You are so lucky, you have the money, I wish I had too!"
"Don't worry, loans will be available with 0% down payment"
"What? I must get myself one too in that case."


A few months later :
"Damn that god-forsaken gadget. It left my family blind. Now I can not even repay my debts... "



Meanwhile in the research lab :
Chief 2 : It lives! It's alive !!
(No gas is released, no deaths occur. The gadget is labelled "Environmentally Friendly")

Outside the facility :
Blonde man : better hurry up and get out before Sam calls.

Blonde secretary : Sure, but I want a pay hike for my services.

Blonde man : Okay now fuck off, ... ... Hello? ... yes Sir, this time it worked.

Sam : Sweet niblets! have a Nobel prize arranged for that gimp number 2. Now I want absolute privacy regarding this. No news conferences no no leaks and glimpses.

B m : Yes Sir, you can count on me.

Sam : 2 months and the new product will be available in the States only.

B m : Excellent sir, goodnight.

Sam : Good night and get yourself a new apartment, you have a raise.


At that very moment at Sam's office, the phone rings :
Sam : Yes?

Caller : Golden Gates here, are you through?

Sam : Oh yes, its finished.

G.G : I want that technology for my Micro-fuck doorbell O.S hardware, I hope we have a deal?

Sam : I have myself re-elected and we have a deal. So, when do we release it in the East?

G.G : Let them ask for it, I am sure they will (Evil Laugh)

Sam : Haha, after all its monopoly ...

G.G : No, you fucktard, that's a Funskool product. This is technopoly.

No comments: