Thursday, May 1, 2008

A Stench Of Nostalgia:

Yesterday, as I emptied all the rubbish in my closet, I found notebooks, chits and half used diaries. In each was a memory of the time I wasted along with my friends, back in the eleventh grade. It was like a flashback in the bollywood movies of the 90's. Vivid scenes flashed past, I remembered all the stupid things I did. That night, as I lay in bed, I tried listening to Linkin Park, and I drifted into a dreamworld again, I was reminded of the many mistakes I committed, the first was to commit myself. In all the chaos, cute puppy-dog eyes flashed past me, and then suddenly a lumpy forehead which transformed into a biology textbook. I was reminded of a failed IIT campaign, all my failures in school danced around me, enjoying every one of my horror filled expressions. My sweet dream was turning into a nightmare, I woke up, cold perspiration on my forehead ... "That was fucken hell!", I said to myself. Nonetheless, I was tired, I changed the song to "One" and then I let sleep fondle me, gently resting my tired sinews. As I entered sound sleep only one thought kept flashing in my mind :
"Nothing like Metallica to wash the shit out ... "

1 comment:

Tushar Mangl said...

Reminds me of my past
Thanks



ps: Can you get rid of this word verification?